The Source E-commerce block allows you to add products directly into your videos and make them Watch & Shop ready. Viewers will be able to directly interact with the store in the context of the video.
The SAM Block needs access to your Shopify store in order to retrieve and display those products to the consumer. This is done by entering the Storefront token and domain into the SAM E-Commerce Block's settings. For Shopify, two credentials are needed:
- The domain
- The Authorization Token
How to Get Your Storefront Domain and Token
1. Log in to your store admin panel.
On the URL input box of your browser, you can get your store domain (this is one of the two credentials needed):
2. Now we need to get a storefront token. Navigate to Apps:
3. Scroll down on the right side and you can see Manage private apps
4. Click Manage private apps. You will see Enable Private App Development button. Click it.
(Previously you ever created private apps in this store, you will see "Create Private App" button instead)
5. Check all 3 checkboxes as shown to be active, then click ‘Enable private app development":
6. Fill out the Private App Name and Emergency Developer Email fields:
7. Scroll down on the page and you will see the Storefront API block
8. Choose the latest API version check ‘Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API’ option. Check all the options and then Save.
Be patient, this may take a while to process.
9. The following screen will appear if no errors were encountered:
10. Scroll down and you will see the storefront API block:
Important: Not Admin API just Storefront API
Copy the Store access token.
Now you should have both a store domain and a storefront token to be used as part of the Storefront Block process.
Please sign in to leave a comment.