The Video Block allows users to insert a video from YouTube, Vimeo, or any URL link ending in .mp4. In addition to the video, a description area can be applied above or below the video using Markdown. See supported video formats here.
Block Preview displays the block as it will appear in the SAM
Code displays how the JSON is written as an additional view for programmers.
(X) deletes the block from the SAM
Select the source of the video; YouTube, Vimeo, or URL.
- For YouTube, the ID to use is shown in bold on this YouTube link:
Note that for Youtube, no time offset is supported as seen here in bold:
- For Vimeo, the video ID is shown in bold on this Vimeo link:
Top and Bottom Text
Text can be added to either the top, the bottom, or both areas. This text field supports the same Markdown functionality as described in this Markdown Block description.
- Auto will adjust height automatically based on content
- px will adjust the height of the block by defining its size in pixels
Activating AutoPlay will:
- Automatically play the video in the SAM when the SAM is opened.
- The video containing the SAM will pause, even if the distribution settings are set to "not pause."
- If multiple video blocks are used in a single SAM and set to AutoPlay, all videos will start playing when the SAM is opened.
Be aware that browsers do not play audio for videos that are set to AutoPlay until the item containing the video is engaged with by the user in some way.
Padding allows for the content to be manipulated within its block on all sides by entering a percentage or pixel value.
Please sign in to leave a comment.