January 17, 2022 Release
SAM Builder Updates
Features of convenience have been added to streamline parts of the SAM building process.
- Search by SAM Number: As your library of SAMs grow, sometimes the only reference you have to the SAM is its unique ID which is part of the distribution stream as seen highlighted here:
Search by SAM ID in the SAM search box.
- Adding multiple blocks: When adding multiple blocks of the same type, it can now be done in one pass by using the + or - counter on each block.
November 29, 2021 Release
SAM Preview Functionality Updates
A new look has been added to allow specific functionality to be activated as needed.
- Set Advertiser ID/Name: Allow for a SAM that is being specifically used for a Brand to be tracked as such in Analytics by entering a Name and an Advertiser ID.
- Advertiser Name: Text field to enter the name (e.g. FORD)
- Advertiser ID: Enter an ID based on the system being used to track (e.g. Ad-ID)
- Data Tracking: Any additional JSON to be used.
- Set Ad Display Size: This is used for Standalone SAMs and will restrict and publish the SAM to the defined XY size selected or defined. See sizes here.
- Set Tracking Pixels: This allows for a pixel to be used for additional tracking purposes via a URL link to the image file. This is used for internal anaytlics. Please check with your Account Manager as to its use for your application.
- URL for Preview: Fires the pixel when the SAM displays on the video.
- URL for Details: Fires when the SAM is opened
Display Block Updates
See full Display Block Settings here.
Additional control over the look of the Thumbnail and Label/Text has been added:
- Label Settings: Now allows for font, style, color, and opacity of the text.
- Label Background: Now allows for color and opacity of the text label background.
Blocks from other SAMs can now be imported from other SAMs into the SAM preview. This is especially helpful for the Display Block to be used across SAMs to ensure the same parameters are applied for a consistent look and feel.
SAM Display Background Control
- The user can now select the color and opacity of the SAM when opened on which the different blocks are displayed.
- Mobile Portrait: When a SAM appears on a video when viewing on a mobile device in portrait mode, the SAM will open to the full size of the device covering the video and pausing the video.
- Addition control for these behaviors will be added in the future.
- Fullscreen Video: SAMs will display when the viewer is on fullscreen on mobile and desktop.
Image Carousel Block
A new Block has been added allowing for multiple images to be displayed as a carousel. See full functionality here.
October 11, 2021 Release
- A new Tab has been added to the platform to manage Campaigns when working with Advertising platforms.
Refer to Campaigns documentation.
September 27, 2021 Release
- Live production Dashboard now allows for 14 different SAM targets on the video or outside of the video.
- See How to Create a Live Production for all the updated changes.
Experiences and Blocks
- Fullscreen SAM display and interaction is now supported.hen using a direct link to an activated video on the desktop as seen in this demo.
August 30, 2021 Release
- OG Meta Support in Productions for Distributions
Open Graph meta tags are snippets of code that control how URLs are displayed when shared on social media. When sharing a production video as a link, the OG Meta will be used.
- Title: There is no limit to the number of characters, but the title should be between 60-88 characters as a meta title. Otherwise, it can be shortened or truncated. For example, Facebook will truncate it to 88 characters.
- Image: Select from Media Assets or use a URL. Recommended resolution is 1200 pixels x 627 pixels (1.91/1 ratio) and image size shouldn’t exceed 5MB.
- Description: Describes the distribution’s content. No more than 200 characters are recommended.
- Behavior Control for Distributions
- autoPlay: The video associated with the distribution will autoplay when the page is displayed.
- playThroughDetails: Allows control over the behavior of the video when a SAM is opened. ex: If ON, then the main video will not pause when a SAM is opened.
- SAM sizing control when opened in a video distribution
- Use Default Checkbox: This is set to a minimum (33%). Where 33% is the width of the video itself as displayed.
- Unchecking the box will allow for an additional slider control to any value between 33% and 100% of the video's width.
- Currently, the Min slider is the only slider that has an effect when working with percentages. If you drag the Min past the Max, the labels will swap. Min and Max will be used for future functionality when working with actual pixel values versus percentages.
As the settings are checked, they will appear as JSON in the settings window. Do not edit the JSON.
August 16, 2021 Release
- Ability to add a Mobiquity Pixel to a distribution. From the Distribution Settings View select Web Beaconing, the "Add Beacon", then Mobiquity from the menu. Mobiquity has no further settings to configure once selected.
- The ability to switch other Kurator accounts when associated with that account.
- Contact your Source Account Manager to have this enabled.
- Added additional color control for SAMs when they fall below the video to the Display Block.
July 26, 2021 Release
- Delete or rename folders for Productions, Assets, and SAMs
See SAM Creation.
- New Display Block offers additional options for overlay previews such as image size, animation, and countdown. See Display Block.
- Text Fields are now available in Image Block.
- Video Block allows for AutoPlay when SAM is opened.
- SAM "Save As" for easy duplication and starting point.
- Insert Block or blocks from other SAMs into current SAM.
- Delete or rename folders in Library.
- Batch-Edit Multiple Events in Production Events Pane.
- Easily add one or more SAMs from the SAM library to a production timeline.
- Edit a SAM directly from the timeline in a Production
SAMs now appear in Alphanumerical order in the Production timeline.
- Productions now have the same folder organization features as SAMs and Assets.
- Delete or rename folders in Library
See Creating a Live Production.
- Live Productions how shows full Name and Preview Text in the dashboard.
- Live Production dashboard now allows up to four tiles across in the Left and Right landing boxes.
- Live Production Dashboard allows for dragging and dropping of SAMs from Left to Right target zones and Right to Left.
- Activating a SAM in Staging mode will show a gray border and when in Live mode a green border.
- Delete or rename folders in Library
Please sign in to leave a comment.