Kurator is not a CDN meaning it hosts the actual video to be used. Kurator allows for experiences to be added as an overlay to any video via a URL link ending in .mp4, .webm, or Vimeo/YouTube IDs. The same is true for the Video Block format support. Examples:
- Vimeo ID: 591239616
- From this portion of the ORL Link: https://vimeo.com/591239616
- YouTube ID: 8YjFbMbfXaQ
- From this portion of the ORL Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjFbMbfXaQ
- Kurator does not support YouTube links with a time offset for start
Vimeo and YouTube offer different settings for sharing, and only some of them work with Source Kurator.
Vimeo offers a variety of settings creating a matrix of what is supported or not in Kurator. The following two settings are supported for use in Kurator:
Public and embedded Anywhere:
Hide from Vimeo and embedded Anywhere:
Vimeo review links and private links will not work.
YouTube has three settings that can be used when logged into your account. These settings are supported in Kurator:
- Video – Seen by and shared with anyone using YouTube
- Unlisted Video – Seen and shared by anyone with the link
The following setting is NOT supported in Kurator:
- Private Video – Seen only by you and YouTube users you select
While logged into your account, click on the icon in the Visibility column for the video to be used:
Select either Public or Unlisted:
Please sign in to leave a comment.